Thursday, April 3, 2008

GOOMBA IN MARIO BASEBALL



So my good friend James (http://www.greenpeaness.org/) lent me Mario Baseball for Game Cube. I knew of Goomba's existence in this game (see my first blog posting) but I hadn't played it for real. That all changed today when I popped the game in my wii (for those not in the know, Wii playes Game Cube games). I started a 5 inning exhibition game. There was no Team Goomba so I had to settle for Team Birdo. I chose Team Luigi as my opponent and Peach stadium as the home field. Then came the good part. I set my lineup. Now I WANTED to make Goomba my player at every position but that didn't seem to be an option. Instead I put Goomba at 1st base and Paragoomba at shortstop.


I was the home team, so I started in the field. Neither of the Goombas got any balls hit to them but they both looked ready had something come their way. Then came the batting. Baby Mario got a single. Then up came Paragoomba! He hit a bloop single to left field!! Hell yes... Next, Peach got walked. Then Wario struck out. And bam bam bam up strolled Goomba. Bases loaded, one out. Here was his chance to shine and give us the lead, at least tie the game.


The first pitch.... He spins around, fangs ready to devour the pitcher and whiff STRIKE 1...


The second pitch... STRIKE 2


The third pitch.... ground ball........... 5-4-3 DOUBLE PLAY


WHAT THE HELL GOOMBA? WHAT THE HELL???? I had a very serious word with him in the dugout before going back out on the field. I think he's learned his lesson. But I'll have to find out for sure later though because my lunch hour ended and I had to go back to work.

No comments: